You have probably seen mums carrying all types of diaper bags whenever they step out of their homes. You know what, a diaper bag is as good as a home away from home? Why so? This is because, in that diaper bag, you are sure to find a baby’s essentials that will make them comfortable for the period they will be away from the house. Remember, the mother also uses the diaper bag to carry some of her essentials to avoid having too many luggage while out of the house.
Seeing how important having compact diaper bags is, you need to ensure that the one you choose is of good quality, has enough compartment, ergonomic, easy to clean, and so on. If you are still wondering what exactly that usually is in the diaper bag, here is a list of diaper bag essentials;
- 1. Diapers– As the name suggests, it is a diaper bag meaning that lack of a diaper bag inside there is as well not complete. Whether you are going out with your baby for a few minutes or a full day, there is a need to have enough diapers in the bag. Remember, you will need to change your baby so many times that you do not want to run out of diapers simply because you did not put enough of them. It is better to have extras just in case.
- 2. Wipes– Besides wiping off the baby when changing their diapers, you need to have wipes to wipe off your hands too.
- 3. Changing pad– Most of the diaper bags today come with a changing pad, but if you feel like you need an extra one, feel free to buy one.
- 4. Hand sanitizer– You need to ensure that you are germs free especially when dealing with the baby. This is so to prevent both you and the baby from getting sick.
- 5. Bottles and cups– For parents who are bottle feeding, do not forget to carry a bottle of pumped milk, formula or water. Also for older babies, cups are essential.
- Extra clothing– Babies have clothes change at least twice or thrice a day. You do not want to walk around with a baby whose clothes have food stains all over. As such, ensure that you have extra baby clothes in the diaper bag to change your baby when need be. Also, ensure that you carry a baby blanket to ensure that the baby is warm at all times.
- 7. Pacifier– If your child uses one, ensure that you put it in the bag.
- 8. Baby carrier– Sometimes when running errands, a baby carrier comes in handy. It is also a way to get your baby to nap and give you enough time to do your work.
- 9. Diaper rash cream– In case the baby has a rash, having one is essential.
- 10. Play mat– When you go out, you want your baby to enjoy their time outside. As such, have a play mat with you for the time that you will need your baby to have some fun.
Besides the essentials mentioned above, the mother can also have the nursing breast pads, lip balm, hand crème, wallet and snacks among others in the bag. As such, there is a need to ensure that the diaper bag you purchase is versatile and spacious to ensure that everything fits in perfectly.